Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Why do I?

You know, God has His perfect timing for everything. So why do I worry about what's going to happen? I don't know what He's going to do as far as school payments go. Buying books. Art supplies. The works. But then it gets to even more serious stuff. What about where I'm going to work after graduation? Living expenses? House or aparment? Car or bike? What about dating? Should I date? or not? Stay single? Adopt kids?
So some of you may think I'm a little wacky in the head right now. Rightfully so. I did just get off of school...sounds like an addiction or something. But, seriously, I've had these kinds of things running through my head...and rightfully so! God puts desires for certain things in life in each person's heart. I have a desire to work in the cities, work with my current church, adopt a child, and perhaps, one day, get married! But my sense of timing is totally off. I think that my own timing is right. But it's not. I'm wanting to wait until after school, but He may have different plans. And you know? I'm peachy with that. As long as I'm in God's will, I'm okay with anything He has for me....
But I always fall! Whenever I think I'm doing ok, I'm really just kidding myself. And I have to stop and say, "Ok, so who's really driving?" Something like that...I am so thankful that God is the author of patience! Because, where I'm concerned, He's gonna need a lot when it comes to working with me!
So, I'm posting this song. It may seem a little off subject to you, but I think it applies in the long run, to where I'm at.

Made to Worship
You and I were made to worship,
You and I are called to love,
You and I are forgiven and free.
When you and I embrace surrender,
You and I choose to believe,
You and I will see how we were meant to be

Before the day
Before the light
Before the world revolved around the sun;
God on high stepped out into time and
wrote the story of his love for everyone.
He has filled our hearts with wonder,
so that we will always remember—

You and I were made to worship,
You and I are called to love,
You and I are forgiven and free.
When you and I embrace surrender,
You and I choose to believe,
You and I will see how we were meant to be

All we are and all we have is all a gift from God we see
Brought to life,
We open up our lives,
To see the majesty and glory of the King.
He has filled our hearts with wonder,
so that we will always remember—

You and I were made to worship,
You and I are called to love,
You and I are forgiven and free.
When you and I embrace surrender,
You and I choose to believe,
You and I will see how we were meant to be…

You and I
Words and Music by Chris Tomlin
So it may take me a little time before I reach those goals, but I know that that's not the sole purpose of why I'm here. I was made to worship God! And I want to surrender every goal and desire I have for His purpose. Please pray for me as I push for that goal....

No comments: